a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

hey i'm home

coming back to america was great. i have realized how great this country is and how lucky we all are to live hear.

some of the few things that have shocked me is the quietness and orderliness of the streets, the few number of homeless cats, dogs, and people (at least in my neighberhood), and the amount of skin that people show. this has probably been the biggest thing. i actually felt uncomfortable going out in my bathing suit to the pool. and sometimes seeing girls with shorts and tank tops is startling. one other big shock was going to the grocery store. it was a little overwhelming to be in such a big building surrounded by so much food. thankfully my reverse culture shock is significantly less than my culture shock from when i went over there.

overall its good to be home.

No comments: