a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Monday, January 7, 2008

man crushes

There has been a dearth of publishing because I've been busy, so for all my eager readers, heeere's more.

I read an article about man crushes today and it said that the only acceptable man crushes were of war heroes and sports figures. I feel that is too limiting. I have no man crushes on sports figures or war hereos as great as they are. I am okay admitting that I have had and do have man crushes.

The most interesting one I have seen of another person is one of my high school teachers man crush on Rosseau. I think he even told us as well.

Apparently, most men are still teased about these crushes, but there are websites devoted to ranking their crushes anyway. I don't see the problem in having great admiration and respect for other men. If it is heterosexual then those worried about being teased as a gay man should have nothing to fear and if they think in homosexual terms as well then explore that way. The line between homo- and heterosexual is not a clear one, no matter who you are. There are different degrees of blurring sure, but not crystal straight line. It is because of the balance in us and the yin and yang. Without the other, no matter how small we have part of it in our body.

The website's , http://www.mancrush.com/, top ten are Jesus, Elvis, Barak Obama, Homer Simpson, Tom Brady, William Shakespeare, Ernest Hemmingway, Charles Darwin, Robert Plant, and G.I. Joe. Not all war hereos and sports figures.

The Sun's article is http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/custom/altoday/bal-al.mancrush06jan06,0,4567222.story

No comments: