a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

pure and utter chaos

That is how I would describe the registration process here at AUC. I have tried since registration started to get into my classes. It has not worked, emails have been slow to get replies. I understand this delay because there are a lot of students and few staff. But the in person registration today was even worse. It is in a building off main campus. You go up these winding marble but crowded feeling stairs. Enter a room meant to hold furniture and two or three people and you encounter 20 people. Some in advising and others, many others, just waiting. We spilled over into someone else's office and there we sat. We had to fill out this PCP form and I realized I could not remember my classes. So I take my chances. I run down the steps, run over to the library print out my list, thankfully on my email, and then run back up. As I walk in the door he is calling files, about two names are called and then mine comes up. I think, oh good, I am going to get to register now. Instead he takes our paperwork your files are in order, the system has crashed, and to come back later. Of course. I don't know when that will be, and I don't know if I will have to sign up on another list=more and more waiting. I figure get something to eat and then come back. Thats the plan and everything in Egypt seems to be slower paced than back in the states. So I guess I just have to get patient.

No comments: