a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The other shoe has dropped

Big revelations lately. I actually realized that I will be heading to Egypt in two days. Scares me quite a bit. I figured this out at 3:30 am last night. Not the best time to do so, I realized that I will be away from my family, my friends, and my school for many months. I will be a stranger in a strange land.

I have been asked if I had been getting nervous and so far I have only been nervous about getting through the airports. But with people peppering me with questions, it has forced me consider it. My mind I think had set up a brick wall and people managed to create a door.

This realization may have been catalyzed by my one call with a contact in Egypt. The conversation was fun. Neither his English nor my Arabic was perfect but we got along, definitely because his English was a sight better than my Arabic. I am living on time running down the clock waiting to leave. The only thing left to do now is to boldly go...stupid split infinitives.

No comments: