a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Empire by David Dunwoody

I have finished the novel Empire by David Dunwoody. It is an online serial posted on blogger.com published in 2006. Overall, I would say that I liked it. Death plays an interesting role in this zombie serial, by death I mean the Reaper and not just death death (which is kind of like the Reaper). Anyway, when I first started reading it, I wasn't drawn in right away but I stuck it out. This paid off because the later sections of the book were amazing. Everything really came together nicely, and I really feel that Dunwoody came into his element as he closed out the last 1/2 of his book. With these chapters I could not stop reading. He also left it open for a sequel, butI haven't had the chance to see if there is one yet.

I would recommend this book for any zombie lovers especially if you are looking for something a little different than a typical zombie narrative, but I would not recommend it for younger readers. There was of course a lot of blood and gore which is the case in any zombie novel, but there were "adult situations" as they say on tv, meaning sex scenese in the novel that I wouldn't want my little brother reading.

But if you have even the vaguest interest, you should try it out!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

how do find time to read novels? lol. I can't seem to...probably b/c I talk so much with people instead. anyway, have a great day!

tim the younger said...

birky-it is a delicate balance hinging on insanity. you read when you can and when you shouldn't. but its great though