a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dedicated to Trish, Gabby, and Taleh Part I

Darn, I missed a day. I got too distracted by hanging with girls, watching George Lopez, and oh yes, Denzel Washington.

Today=day. I finished the semester, all work complete, and hopefully all work done well. I went home, unpacked, and hung out with my family. Ok, end of personal stuff, that you really don't need to know anyway.

I am posting on the awesomeness of these women. When I first moved on to my floor this semester, I met three girls named Trish, Gaby, and Taleh (names changed to protect the guilty) They are great people.

Trish has the amazing ability to imitate many accents. I tried for a while then gave up on imitation much to the amusement of them as I struggled to pronounce kettle karn. She also makes darn good food. Gumby is just goofy, and able to put a smile on anyone's face. You will not find a more amazing photographer than her, in the world, seriously.

When I first met Gaby, I realized how funny she is, and I was totally surprised because I had not known her before (not the Biblical sense). She is now very much a convert to Firefly for which all fans should be grateful as every one of them counts. She also shares my love for Denzel. (yes we are on a first name basis)

Taleh is a giggler, I like hearing her laugh. She really hates marriage too. As her stretching partner, I was able to spend some quality time with her almost every night for a while limbering up and conversing. She is very graceful and her performances make me wish I could do Aikido as gracefully as she does dance.

I have been fortunate enough to get to know these three girls this semester, and really just being able to hang out with them was just great. I will miss there shining personalities and quirks some thousands of miles away next semester. Part I indicates Part II unless your Mel Brooks, so I will post again a dedication when I am missing them dearly while in another world.

Darn didn't get away from the personal yet. (Gaby promise fulfilled)

No comments: