a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Hello Big World

Well, this is my first shot at blogging, I can't really tell you what I am expecting. I don't know what I will write or who I am writing to? I am not sure if it matters anyway.



This idea to blog started about two hours ago as I am working on my final Interdisciplinary studies paper. I am studying the social effects of the explosion of Iranian youth choosing to blog within the past couple of years. One of my disciplines I am using to approach this subject is anthropology and this discipline advocates field work. This is my field work for this paper; it is nicely interdisciplinary. I was also insipred by the work of Hossein Derakhshan who started the Iranian blog phenomenon. http://hoder.com/weblog/ I was amazed at the amount of writing that goes into these blogs, the prolific nature of them really speaks, to me at least, of their power or potential power.



Not really sure what else to say right now, except that I expect this blog (if I keep at it) to end up going somewhere and changing me. Blogging has changed so many people's lives I am excited to see what it will do for me (in my approach to my paper as well as in my personal life).

No comments: