a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Firefly FanFic

Dear Blog,

Today I discovered the most amazing thing: fan fiction. I might as well come out of the closet and admit, I am a huge fan of Firefly. Ok, it's out. For those of you perceptive enough, or just know me, you recognize the title of my blog as that.

I have come to the slow and painful realization that there may not be anymore Firefly/Serenity production. There is always hope, I read rumors of a Serenity 2 or a straight to TV movie and I get excited. But today I have discovered a way that the 'verse has stayed around. It is through fan fiction. I am an avid reader and willingly create the stories that I read in my mind. And to my joy, there are lots of stories, in fact I even have a secret desire to write my own, just to do my part to keep it going.

So far most of the fanfic I have read has been good, but it has only been from one author. I know there is a lot of junk out there, a lot of dirty material, and a lot of gems in the rough. Those gems are what I am seeking. I honestly have no desire to read the erotic in the Firefly universe; I don't really want that floating around in my brain. To me it would stray to far from the path that Joss Whedon intended, but hey its the Internet.

All I know is that right now, I am a very happy camper. The sight I have been reading from which has provided some good material and interesting stories is http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/6013/fireflyfic.htm. Nicole Clevenger, whomever you are, I like your style of writing. You manage to focus in of the details and keep the story going at the same time. Thank you for showing me some good fanfic. Well back to reading.

Can't stop the signal.

No comments: