a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

the foreigner's drug problem

walking up the stairs to my hotel room i was stopped by the guard who wanted to check my bag. they have been doing this for a while and i asked them why once. he told me it was because drugs and alcohol aren't allowed into the dorm room and that often foreigners try to sneak things in.

he asked me if i had drugs in my bag and i said no and then he looked through my bag. then he asked me if i take drugs. i was out of breath coming up the stairs and breathed out a no. maybe he misheard me and heard yes but he said you take drugs? why? he gave me back my bag and i replied no i don't take drugs.

pulling the cigarette from his mouth he said, good they are very bad for you.

this was also the same guard who asked me why i take the stairs and not the evelator. and i told him because i liked to. then he said i don't think that it is very healthy because it makes your heart beat fast.

he is a really nice guy and a very good guard, just says some interesting things is all.

No comments: