a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

spaghetti is my favorite food

things i am grateful in no particular order:

home cooked meal
spaghetti
friends
love
arabic (yes i said it)
family
cookies
farms
letters
other countries

Today was a good day for arabic; I think I actually understood it. It was a good feeling after days of frustration. Not much happening here because yesterday I spent the entire day holed up in the hotel doing homework. I finally was able to talk to my family over skype after a weeks hiatus because of travel and the fickle god of the internet. It was good to talk to them again. I think my homesickness has changed; it hasn't gotten less and I still miss my family but it is now chambered away to where it has become manageable. This makes daily life just more pleasant. I think what helped with that transition is the fact that I recently cleaned the dorm at least the kitchen (mom it was so disgusting you don't even want to know) and cooked my first meal. It means that I am settling in here.

The weather here is great but I am waitng for the first sandstorm to start rolling in. I can't wait though I know I won't be saying that when I have to walk to school in it and everything.

I still think about that village that I saw a good bit, still taking it all in and dealing with what I have in my life. It is a complicated process that is hard to put into words.

I am reading a book about monsters now. It is very interesting to have a scholarly approach to them.

I read over this post and marvel at how the human mind can jump from so many different topics and still be considered normal.

Now I go to do battle with the grammar warlords and take on marking up the news paper with case endings. I am looking foreward to it oddly enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Timmy that statment on the condition of the kitchen made me cringe. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal and glad you are feeling better and less homesick. I think you will continue to feel more and more comfortable there. It doesn't mean i miss you any less but I feel better when you feel better. love mom

tim the younger said...

mom-thanks love you too