a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

the beginnings of summer

well it started fortitously enough. I moved into an apartment and then promptly managed to get sick. Pretty sick too. It was the first time away from my family that I have been sick enough to want to go home-the last time was in junior year of high school. I realized that I wanted my mother to take care of me.

I blame it on this new fiteer place that I ate at where I got pizza, really greasy pizza. It is the only thing that Nicholas and I haven't both eaten so circumstantial evidence points to them.

Not much to report just yet. I am better and it is still hot. There are also lots of new faces at AUC as the summer session kids have arrived.

Still not sure if staying here for another two months was the wisest course. My roommates back home are down at the beach right now and my family is at home.

I also found that my dog is scared of foxes. For those of you who don't know, she is a suspected foxhound! As master of the house, she has no troubles barking at EVERY SINGLE living thing that walks by, but when a fox starts yelping in the moonlight she goes whimpering to my parents. Poor thing. I have also had a run in with the fox. In fact it scared me enough that I threatened it with violence. Maybe it is the same fox, terrorizing the same household for laughs...

4 comments:

randi said...

no regrets timmo! live up your egyptian dream.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Tim

Much has been said about my supposed "fear" of fellow animals, especially foxes. Alas, I must state that this is untrue. I do have a particular need to bark and growl at humans that inhabit my street (present occupants excluded), and those who allow into my house must consider it an honor. These people must provide an obligatory belly rub.

However, I have proof that I do not have a "fear of foxes". Those rumors are absolutely untrue and are spread by certain felines that happen to be mooching off of Mr. Joe next door.

With the help of an un-named assistant, I have pictures of me having captured and enviserating (sp? - damn these paws!) a rather large fox specimen.

Take a look at my master's (minion) Flickr account (http://www.flickr.com/photos/72624394@N00/) if you don't believe me.

So dearest Tim, I miss you and cannot wait to give you my undying love and affection -wait! I mean I expect to get that from you.

MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Let my minion know what you think of these pics.

bow-wow!

Perdita

Aunt Julia said...

I am glad that you are better. Don't think twice about staying longer. See and learn as much as you can before coming home.It will only further enrich your life. Thanks for the nice letter. Take care. Love, Aunt Julia

tim the younger said...

perdita-very nice
randi and aunt julia-thanks for the support