a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Friday, June 27, 2008

PLANET OF THE APES

I realized something today, while watching Beneath the Planet of the Apes. One, I wanted to see the original and the new version, the first I have seen, the second I have not. Two, Planet of the Apes was the first movie/story which I saw in which I realized that not all stories have a happy ending. The original story sticks in my mind as the one which told me this. From what I remember the story ends with man blowing a nuclear bomb to stop the apes. Yet I just watched the end of the Beneath the Planet of the Apes where the world was destroyed by a doomsday bomb. Same ending? Do I have my stories mixed up? I don’t know but they were probably made during the time of MAD so the stories could have similar endings.

The point is though, that I realized that not all stories have a happy ending. I grew up a little with this movie. Huh.

No comments: