a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Man really not having Internet makes it hard for me to post regularly. Sorry I have been slacking.

I watched half of the Grindhouse double feature by Rodriguez and Tarintino. I watched it with Nicholas, and we saw the Rodriguez half called Planet Terror. In the style of the 80s movies, it was absurd. My favorite part was the missing reel in the middle of the film which left a large gap in the story line.

This was the goriest movie that I have seen in a long while, some of it over the top gory other parts just gory. At first I was grossed out and turned off by the violence, but then I got used to it. That is what scared me. I saw how easy it was for me and by extension, others, to get acclimated to violence and gore rather quickly.

I started thinking about the novel I am writing about the vampire and its gore. In writing it, I have realized that I don’t necessarily like writing all those gory scenes, and in future stories, I don’t think I will be including that much blood and guts.

I have also noticed a transition in this blog, well more a branching. It still details my life in Egypt, but part of it is taking on a different aspect of a very specific part of my life. That is on blogging and serial writing (which is not bad). I am happy to be discussing this because it interests me. Whether you are interested in reading it or not, I don’t know.

I have been joining forums about serial novels, for serial novel writing, and for writing in general. As I do, I will post what I think of them especially the ones not focusing on a specific book. Three come to mind right now.

Ablsoute Write Water Cooler This is a major forum website that has advice for writers of all types. So far the environment has been very friendly, and I am looking forward to getting some advice and honing my writing skills outside of a class.

http://www.novelr.com/ This is a forum website and blog about serial novel writing. I haven’t explored it too much yet, getting internet every other day or so, so when I do I will post some more about it.

www.pagesunbound.com This website is one that really interests me basically because it exists to help me (and hundreds of other online writers of course). It is a website devoted to introducing writers and readers to other’s online fiction mostly in the form of web serials. I hope to be posting on it soon.

Lastly, in regards to Sunset, just a little note of celebration. This week’s post puts me at halfway or a little past depending on how the rest of the chapters go. Woopeee!

No comments: