a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

return to aikido

If any of you who read this are thinking of picking up a martial art, I strongly suggest Aikido. Aside from the awesomeness of the techniques and life philosophy, I have yet to find a jerk or tough guy wanna be in the mix. Basically they are all good guys. I think the philosophy of Aikido and the way the martial art is taught it filters out the guys who are just looking to hurt people and leaves no room for those guys who have something to prove.

I returned to Aikido last night and was welcomed back as if I had been gone two days instead of two months. It was wonderful because the friends I had made from before were there some even showing up for the first time in two months as well. (that was a little weird and spooky because about four people, myself included, came back yesterday.

I left happy, tired, and dehydrated and woke up sore but I look forward to going back tomorrow.

No comments: