a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Crooked cops and brotherhood

In the past two days I have had the privilige of meeting two good people. One was an honest cop and the other a decent taxi driver who didn't try and overcharge me. It came to me as a surprise. I know it is sterotypical for me to think that there are no honest cops and no decent taxi drivers but when all evidence points to the contrary and with the reputation they have among many others, the good get drowned out by the bad.

My brother is on his way home, having finally adjusted to the jet lag. We had a wonderful time here and I am glad I was able to share part of my experiences here with him. We saw lots-mosques, people, museums, and cafes. He did some solo traveling down to Luxor. And he was really just great to have along. I mean we sat on the mediterranean together, drank tea and 7-up in cafe horreya, and sat in the belly of the pyramid together, how could we not have a good time. I think he has learned a lot coming to Egypt, and I can't wait to see him and the rest of my family in full again.

No comments: