a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

LCD

open valve--begin vent.

My roommate Greg has aptly pointed out that the person who determines the cleanliness of a house, apartment, or room is the dirtiest and sloppiest one: the lowest common denominator (of cleanliness). He should know as he lived in a fraternity house.

I have noticed the accurateness of his statement in living with six other guys. There is a lowest common denominator. From days old dried rice and chicken carcass of take out to shriveled hot dogs in festering ketchup to molding dishes in the sink to dried chicken blood on the counter (all over the counter) and now the coup de grat.

This morning one of the bathroom doors was closed but no one was in it. That is unusual here. I open it to go to the bathroom, and am greeted with a sink full of upchuck. Throwing up is never neat, goodness knows I've done it enough to know that aiming is hard enough when your body is wracked body violent spasms, but this was insane. I imagine it may have been one of those "I'm not sure if I am going to throw up-oh yes I am!" frantic arcs into the sink or that it was just copious amounts of vomit. It could have been both. It is everywhere, from splatters on the mirror to flecks on the shelf where people keep toothbrushes toothpaste and deodorant to in the sink basin, on the sides, down the shaft of the sink, the floor, and let's not forget the wall behind the sink. To top it off, he decided it wold be a good idea to run water over it, which the sink being clogged by undigested hot dog, meant that the water level is near the top of the rim, so within the cloudy yellowish orange body of water rests a demon at the bottom of semi-liquid semi-solid rejected material from the human stomach.

Anyway, I am not mad as this post may make it seem, people who know me know that I don't get angry that often. Its just a little frustrating and even a funny in that shake your head exasperated funny.

I am a neat person and most of the other people I live with have different standards of neatness. We have found a happy medium in terms of cleanliness throughout the semester so there have been no problems. They put up with me asking them to do some of their dishes and I put up with a lower level of cleanliness than I would normally like. As for the LCD, he really is a nice guy; I did some boxing with him at the beginning of the semester...he is just not very neat.

Oh well, I guess we just need some conflict resolution and interpersonal communication to get the vomit taken care of. It's too bad I haven't taken those courses for my INDS major yet. Let me just get my bat instead.

Close valve--thanks for letting me vent.

3 comments:

Let Me Remember said...

Throwing up is fine with me as long as when you wake up from your drunken stupor you clean it up. I would probably pee on his face while he was sleeping or at least draw dicks on him if he was my roommate.

Check out: http://ihatemyroommates2.blogspot.com/

It's hilarious.

tim the younger said...

let me remember-i don't know what caused it, he is muslim, so it may not have been alcohol. still is messy though

Michelle said...

EW! hehe