a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday U.S.A.!

Today is Independence Day, and we celebrate the birth of our nation. How do you celebrate it?

As for me, I baked an Egyptian sweet called Basbousa (like a honey cake).

Listened to a new podcast by J.C. Hutchins about the assassination of the U.S. President by a four year old and the ensuing team created to fight the man behind the killer (or so I assume). I am really liking it and will of course write a review for it at the end. Only a few episodes in so I don’t know too much, but so far it is engaging and psychologically well thought out.

Also listened last night to a podcast Infected by Scott Sigler. Ooohhhh! Fantastic! A review will follow but you should definitely check it out. So far it’s about some sort of disease or parasite that hosts itself in human bodies and makes people go crazy and violent. There is, of course, a team after it and they are a good set of characters too. Oh, and the infection talks-try listening at 3 am like me in an apartment by yourself. Creepy.

Tonight I will drink Egyptian beer, eat Egyptian produce, and watch a movie about a British secret agent, 007.

Overall I am being very patriotic, and I sang the national anthem in the shower this morning.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy fourth of July whether you do parades, cookouts, fireworks, parties, or nothing at all. Keep my country (if your not American and reading this, but I doubt it, otherwise it’s our country) and me in your prayers, and I will do the same.


See y’all soon.

4 comments:

Scott Sigler said...

Glad you're digging INFECTION, but there might be a problem. There are no voices of the infection in the podcast. So I don't know what you're hearing, but odds are, it's not a good sign

tim the younger said...

i probably should check into a hospital, i do have legitimate rashes/bug bites/somthing/infection on my body. but then again i might not make it out.

Michelle said...

on the 4th I got to go to a gathering of friends who play dumbek and oud and other middle eastern instruments listen to their awesome drumming and join in with my flute :)

tim the younger said...

birky sweet