a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

pizza time!

as I have a lot of time on my hands, I’ve decided to do some backing. so far, with the help of Nicholas we made a pita vegetable and spice concoction for dinner all baked in the oven. now I have cooked basboosa, somewhat successfully, and now pizza.

well this was beyond messy. I didn’t add enough flour to the mix at first and tried to start kneading the bread. it was still too sticky coating my hands and counter with gooey dough. once I got that mess back into the pot and added more flour I had some workable dough. then I created a pizza, not using pizza sauce but more like spaghetti sauce or its Egyptian equivalent. the toppings I used were onions, green peppers, tomatoes, and Egyptian cheese. it turned out to be a pretty decent pizza. I even half leftovers and half the dough stored in the freezer for later pizza time.

making the pizza reminded me of making it with my mom and brother like we used to do when we were little. my mom would give each of us a little bit of dough to work with and we would fashion pizzas in whatever shapes we could think of. I miss that and I hope I will get my mom to make some pizza with me when I get back.

good learning experience and cleanup tasks (there was flour everywhere and dough all over the place-down the front of the counter, on the floor, dried on the hair on my arms and pants and shirt.)

there is even flour on my computer when I was scrolling through the recipe on my computer. rock on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like to do some backing too - perdita

tim the younger said...

no you just want us to bake so you can eat the dough

Michelle said...

hehehe, flour on the computer

tim the younger said...

birky-mish kweiyas (no good)