a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July 1, 2008

To continue my trend of reminiscing about movies and the experiences associated with them from when I was a kid, here is another memory.

I was living in my other house which puts me in middle school and I watched some movie with my grandfather. I have no idea what it was but it was about some prisoners/GIs in prison/or something. I vividly remember watching someone get guillotined (wow spelled that right on the first try) and feeling that my parents wouldn’t approve (whether they would or not, I don’t know). But I was with my grandfather in his room watching the movie, so they didn’t know. I don’t think he was bothered that I was watching, and it wasn’t overly violent either. I think on par with the beheading in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Anyway for some reason this memory sticks out in my brain. I think because I was watching a movie with my grandfather and watching a movie that in my middle school mind was taboo for someone like me.

By the way, today is July 1, 2008 in case any of you were wondering.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

a distinct memory I have associated with a movie was watching Fantasia when I was 6 and hiding behind the couch during the volcano part (altho I wasn’t really scared, I just liked hiding for fun) and never ever watching the gargoyle part at the very end b/c I really was scared. I have never watched the gargoyle part, I’ll have to do that someday.

tim the younger said...

you should maybe we'll watch it on the floor and then analyze until it is unscary anymore.