a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

mini dose of mogamma--AUC style

mmm…gotta love that egyptian bureaucracy. come have a taste of my world.

My landlady and her sister wanted me to post notices for their flats at AUC. I said okay wanting to help them out. I get to the first office I need to go to and fill out the forms which will be posted, little blue thick sheeted paper thingies. Then he tells me to go to the security office to get them stamped. I have to go around the corner to a different building and then the secretary in the security department glances at the first one and then stamps all four notices. She barely even looked at them. After this necessary action was completed I had to return to the original office where I filled out the forms and turn them in.

Ahh, not frustrating as I am used to it, but just noticing that it is there. At UMBC, for those of you who know, this would be the equivalent of going to Reslife then to the police station and then back to Reslife.

My solution: They should either move the stamp lady to the student services office (stop #1) or move the forms to the security department.

simple-easy-condensed

No comments: