a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

memories of recent past.2

one of my first meals, i believe it was my first dinner, was at the cairo khan restaurant on the top floor. the food was nothing to write home about (although this is sort of what i am doing now) but it was significant because it was my first dinner, and i ate it by myself (another first).

i got a chicken sandwhich some french fries and some guava juice. the bill was 25 pounds or around there. which when i got there was nothing but now to me that is a lot of money as i know where to eat a better meal for 5 pounds or less.

one of the biggest things though was eating by myself. now that i look back on it, that showed a pattern that would stay with me throughout the next six months. i felt weird eating by myself in a restaurant as the only time you ever see people doing that is in the movies when they are really depressed or have been stood up by their significant other.

now however i can eat by myself just fine though i don't know how i would do in a restaurant proper as i never repeated that experience here. i still think it would be weird. but living here on my own has made me even more self reliant and independent, if for nothing else than just sheer necessity. it is a different experience but not really a better one. i am really looking forward to dinner with my family again.

4 days and counting

No comments: