a little light, a little peace

This is dedicated to my family, friends, and homies in the slam.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

something truly scary/creepy

last night i had my first scary experience in a long time. right now i am living alone as my roommate is traveling in israel. i also am on a weird schedule where i stay up until 4 a.m. last night at 12:30 i was watching the mothman prophecies. it is a pretty creepy movie especially when you are by yourself in the middle of the night. the movie ended at a 1 so it was just reaching the climax of creepiness right before the end of the movie.

the suspenseful music is up and the phone rings. richard gere answers it and the guy he has been talking to on the other end is upset/scared/not making sense because the mothman is there or something. then richard gere says what? what is it? carl (or something) what's happening?

that is when my power decided to go out. all of it. My pulse jumped sky high and adrenaline flooded my body. It was pitch black no glow from street lights nothing. I walked to my room to get my flashlight which my parents gave me to take with me (thank you thank you). On the short walk to my room I kept expecting to be attacked or run into thick furry arms or see glowing red eyes. My imagination of course went wild.

Then I went on my balcony 2 minutes after the power went out with my harmonica and as I am sitting there, still freaked out and high on fright and adrenaline, I see on the adjacent building a shadow of a person moving and then disappear into more shadow. what a wicked night.

I stayed out there for a while calming my nerves playing harmonica and drinking tea. By the time I went back in the power was back on and I stayed up a bit more and then went to bed fine. but boy what a night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothing scares the perdita beast

tim the younger said...

right except vacuums, cars, bicycles, people, flags, men...do you want me to go on?

Anonymous said...

very funny